Section One 2.5pages
Directions: Answer each of the following questions in as much detail as possible. Each question is worth 20 points.
1. Assume you have the opportunity to speak with G. Stanley Hall today. What would you tell him about the period of adolescence from a cultural perspective? How are adolescents in America similar or dissimilar to adolescents around the world? Be sure to answer all aspects of this question to receive full credit.
2. What is puberty? Discuss at least three biological and psychological aspects of puberty.
3. Summarize what you have learned about the adolescent brain. Apply what you have learned about the adolescent brain to understanding risk taking behavior among adolescents.
4. How can teachers use the information regarding Piaget’s and Vygotsky’s theories of cognitive development to develop their lectures and assignments for high school students?
5. According to Erik Erikson, the psychosocial crisis of identity versus role confusion is encountered. What does Erikson mean by identity crisis? Explain.
Section 2 2.5pages
Answer each of the following questions in as much detail as possible.Each question is worth 25 points.
- Discuss gender similarities and differences in terms of physical, cognitive, and social factors.How different are males and females?Why does the gender difference controversy continue?
- When should sex education be taught in schools?What should be included in the curriculum? Why?
- Contrast the following theories of moral development:
- Discuss positive and challenging aspects of parenting adolescents. Be sure to include two positive influences that parents have on their adolescent children and two potential challenges that parents may experience while parenting their adolescent son or daughter.When are these challenges most likely to occur?
- Social Cognitive
Section 3 1. Pgae
GUIDELINES FOR ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY AND RESEARCH PAPER*:
Using the APA Style Manual, students are required to submit an annotated bibliography based on an approved topic related to adolescent development or emerging adulthood.
To begin your annotated bibliography, students are required to find at least five articles in the Collegeâ€™s online databases on adolescent development or emerging adulthood.For example, a student might be interested in the topic of the impact of body image on adolescentsâ€™ socio-emotional development, or a student might be interested in how brain development and functioning influences risk taking behavior among adolescents. After conducting an advance search on an approved topic by the instructor, students are asked to write an annotation for each of these five research articles by answering the following questions:
- What type of research design was used in this study?
- Who were the participants?
- What were the major findings of this study?
- What were the conclusions?
- What were some limitations of this study?
An annotation is usually 200 words that summarizes a study by telling the reader the methods used to conduct the study, the participants in the study, the results of the study, and the major findings of the study.To learn how to write an annotation, google Purdue Owl Annotation Bibliography APA Style.
After completing your annotated bibliography, use this information to write a 4-5page research paper (I will submit after the annotation) using APA Style as well.Your research paper should have a Running Head, a title page, internal referencing, and a reference page. Google Purdue Owl to review a sample research paper that is based on APA Style. Please use the 7th edition of the APA Style Manual (the official name of this resource is the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (2019)).
Santrock, J.W.(2020). Adolescence (17h Ed).Boston, MA: McGraw â€“ Hill Higher Education
1.Here are the PowerPoint slides for chapters in the textbook this section questions cover. Please preview these slides in order to reinforce your understanding of the material presented in the textbook.
2.Please feel free to use online sources (must be scholar article) since I do not have the text handy, you can also do some search on the textbook.