Utilize the epidemiologic process to identify a community health need or problem. Plan, implement, and evaluate a group health teaching project to meet the identified need.
Community Health Problem: “Pregnant teenagers”
Develop a PowerPoint based on this topic.
- Select a topic and get instructor approval to move forward with it.
- Select your target community group that you will focus on educating. It should consist of approximately 10 individuals. A minimum of two different teaching sessions should be presented to the same group at least one week apart.
- Once your topic is approved and a teaching group is chosen, you will create a teaching plan, hold your teaching sessions, and then evaluate the implementation.
- The final product you submit will be a presentation that details the entire process: your chosen topic, the teaching style you used, and an evaluation of your actual teaching. (See categories below for details to include.)
- Prepare a 15- to 20-slide presentation that is a minimum of 20 minutes in duration. You should have APA formatted in-text citations within your slides for any outside sources used and your final slide should be a reference slide that lists all resources used for the assignment.
Items to Include in Presentation:
- Provide a comprehensive statement of the problem using the epidemiological process including the distribution, determinants, and deterrents.
- Incorporate at least four current literature review findings as a theoretical base for your project/paper.
- Describe community resources available to meet the need of the specific community in this problem area. Summarize the resources available and describe their effectiveness for the community.
- Describe your selected group. Identify and summarize the learner needs of your selected group. What are the needs? Why does this group need to be educated on your chosen topic?
- Identify and describe developmental and teaching/learning theory/theories used and why they are appropriate to the learners you targeted.
- Describe in behavioral terms your specific planning process for your project and overall teaching goal for your participants.
- Evaluate your teaching experience. Reflect on the following questions. What went well? What did not? What would you change if you were teaching this topic to a similar group at a later date and why?