Important human pathogens
A. Watch the following videos and study the materials
- 10 worst pandemic and epidemics (10 min) (Links to an external site.)
- Preventing world-wide epidemics (by R, 2016 Jonh, TedEx, 11 min) (Links to an external site.)
- The deadliest contagious diseases (NPR, 2014) (Links to an external site.)
B. Post a paragraph discussing one of the following questions (5 pts):
- What is pandemic? how does it happen?
- Which epidemics discussed do you think is most important and why?
- How likely is that a big epidemic may happen in next decade? Why do you think so?
C. Then, read your class-mates posts and reply to at least two of your classmates. Your comments should be meaningful (not simply “Yeah, me too” or “I agree”). (2.5 pts for each full meaningful response). Make sure you include following in your reply:
- start by greeting the class-mate by name
- contribute to one or two of his/her discussion point with your view
- Pose any related questions you might have
- your name
D. Answer any questions you might get from class-mates