Course Name: Hazardous Materials and Industrial Safety
Week 7 implementing the response – PIO exercise
I Live in Ardmore, PA 19003
1. Identify the possible environmental impacts of a Hazardous Materials Event impacting your community, list the governmental entities having responsibility to oversee and or control/mitigate such impact, with their contact numbers, added to your â€œmasterâ€ Incident Action Plan. Submit.
2. Take on the role as the Public Information Officer (PIO) and submit a press release pertaining to week 5/6 activities (attached). Be prepared to answer questions from the media or community at a Town Hall Meeting.
Some examples include –
Ask the PIO to provide a briefing that includes:
1. The situation status. 2. Additional road closures. 3. Evacuation routes. 4. Personal protective measures.
In addition, address the following:
- What is the local role in response to a hazardous materials incident?
- Who is responsible for cleanup operations?
- What is the role/responsibility of your organization and how does that impact or effect the state and federal systems?
- What is the definition of â€œHazardous Materialsâ€?
There is no right or wrong – you are using the info and education from previous weeks and classes. Assess the incident and carefully address the questions and the briefing. Remember not to promise too much!
– APA Style
– Kindly, answer all discussion questions clearly and completely.
– I Live in Ardmore, PA 19003
– Sample of expected answer (attached).