READ Ruth AND Gale A. Yee, â€œâ€˜She Stood in Tears Amid the Alien Cornâ€™: Ruth, the Perpetual Foreigner and Model Minorityâ€
They are both included in the only file I attached.
This homework assignment will help ensure a dynamic classroom experience, and it will aid in progress on the course learning outcomes:
- Understand key questions and issues with respect to the application of the Bible to modern justice issues
- Critically analyze ways in which the Bible has, is, or could be used to address modern injustices
- Recognize the complexity in any attempt to apply ancient biblical texts to justice concerns in the modern world
- Think critically about oneâ€™s own fundamental views with respect to the Bible and contemporary justice issues
Include the following
- Identify the main ideas of the assigned reading.
- Identify two things you found interesting and want to discuss in class.
- Identify at least one question you have upon completion of the reading. This should not be a â€œgoogle questionâ€ (i.e., What are â€œEuroamericansâ€?). (You may include more than one question.)
Please follow the instructions carefully
The only reference should be from the file attached. ( You do not need citation)