- Select an assessment instrument likely to be used in your area of professional practice. Read the reviews for your chosen assessment tool in the Mental Measurements Yearbook available in the Capella Library and other scholarly articles that establish the appropriate use of that tool and what it purports to measure.In your paper,
- Analyze the theoretical basis for the selected assessment tool in your area of professional practice. Please be aware that not all theoretical orientations in counseling approach assessment from the same perspective. You will want to anchor your selected assessment tool in theory.
- Apply ethical considerations associated with administering the selected assessment. Some considerations include counselor competency, client rights, counselor responsibilities, and legal issues, such as Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 or Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, just to name a few. Use examples or scenarios to show you understand how ethical considerations apply to the use of your selected assessment.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of each assessment tool for use with diverse populations using the reviewer’s evaluation of the assessment. How does this comparison inform making an ethical judgment of administering the selected tool with diverse groups of clients? Be certain to cite the relevant sections of the code of ethics for your profession (clinical counseling) (ACA, AAMFT, or ASCA).
- Incorporate a minimum of five scholarly research studies applying the selected assessment tool in professional practice.
Please use the Assignment Template listed under Resources to compose your Ethical Use of Assessment paper.To access the Mental Measurements Yearbook:
- Go to the Capella University Library home page.
- Under the Databases tab, select Databases A through Z.
- Scroll down and select Mental Measurements Yearbook. (Keep in mind that the pages for individual tests often have more than one review at the bottom of the page.)
- Written communication: Written communication must be free of errors such that the overall message is clear.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
- Number of resources: Minimum of five scholarly resources (distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum).
- Length of paper: Four to six double-spaced, typed pages, excluding title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Superbpapers.net is proud to welcome you to our website. Here you can find all the information about us, our writing services and our team in detail. We take great pride in introducing our academic writing company that has a vision to be a market leader in providing outstanding services to our customers worldwide.
+1 (213) 497-3675