You were hired to work as a HR consultant for a small local hospital, with the task of expanding the workforce of certified medical assistants. Looking at the current three employees, you find a discrepancy in compensation between Susi, a 2-year employee at $28,000; Tom, 5-year employee at $27,000; and Raul, a 10-year employee at $33,000. All are employed as certified medical assistants, yet they all earn different salaries. (All three have similar performance reviews – Exemplary). According to survey data, all three employees are below the market rate for this job in the local job market. All three employees are also exemplary employees with near perfect scores in their most recent performance evaluation.
Write a 800 to 1,100-word APA Research format paper that includes the following:
- Explain the discrepancy in pay among the current employees.
- Describe the strategy you would take to correct the internal equity issue.
- Describe the strategy you would take to correct the external equity issue.
- Explain how you will ensure new hires will be paid equitably, both internally and externally.
- Explain how an organization’s Total Compensation strategy affects its financial operations and its ability to attract, motivate, and retain top talent.
Review the grading guide (Rubric) before you start the paper, and again before you submit the paper. Review your SafeAssign analysis.
Cite all sources according to APA formatting guidelines. Use at least two credible, published sources in your paper – including our text. Include title page – introduction and conclusion paragraphs, at least level one headings, a separate References page.