Read the following web articles and review the information included: 4 Tips for Achieving Your Goals (Links to an external site.), Make Your Self-Talk Work for You (Links to an external site.), Seeing Is Believing: The Power of Visualization (Links to an external site.), Frequently Asked Questions About Graduate School: What Is Psychology? (Links to an external site.), and Are You on the Right Path? Five Bad Reasons to Go to Psychology Grad Schoolâ€”And a Few Good Ones (Links to an external site.).
In this course, you are preparing yourself for graduation and the next steps you may be taking after graduation. Whether you are looking forward to attending graduate school, searching for a new career, or applying for a promotion in the military, the assignments and Final Project in this course are designed to help you create a professional packet to help you in this process. Your packet will also be uploaded to an e-portfolio, so that you can share with others, if you desire to do so.
By creating this packet, you will be addressing the Bachelor of Arts in Psychologyâ€™s program learning outcomes (PLO) 4 and 5:
“generic application of psychological knowledge gained packet”. Each one of these products require specific materials, and although the materials may slightly differ from one another, by successfully completing a professional packet, the process after graduation should be much easier. The goal: To walk across that graduation stage knowing you are ready for your next chapter!
The definitions for each of the packets are as follows:I AM PICKING OPTION 4
Option 4: Generic Psychological Knowledge Packet: For this option you will still be creating differing documents associated with promoting your new knowledge and skills. However, in lieu of an application, an essay about how you intend to apply your knowledge and skills will be required.
For this course, the following items will be required in your Week 5 Final Project if you choose the Generic Psychological Knowledge packet:
- A title page.
- Two letters: 1) to the Dean of the College of Health Human Services and Science, and 2) to the President of Ashford University, indicating your close completion of your degree and how you believe the degree has supported your goals.
- A personal resume.
- Three writing examples that exemplify knowledge associated with the developed psychological knowledge.
- Examples will be chosen from your previous coursework.
- Feedback from Week 2 should be applied.
- An essay, which will be created in Week 3, whose content reflects your knowledge gained and how you will apply it in your life.
- A letter to whomever you choose that shares your soon completion of your degree and summarizes your experiences and knowledge gained.
- In addition, discuss your suggestions to them for successfully completing school.
- A journal goal analysis that will be developed in the Week 2 Journal.
- A list of all references included throughout your packet, formatted in APA Style.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WEEK ONE ASSIGNMENT AS THIS IS A FIVE WEEK COURSE AND THE PACKET WILL BUILD/ BELOW. ABOVE ^^^is an overview of what the instructor expects to gain over course of five weeks for packet. Directions for week ONE is BELOW HERE…
The Packet Preparation: Week 1 Assignment
- Must include two documents: your resume draft and the template.
- The resume must be
- One to two pages in length.
- Formatted according to professional resume guidelines.
- To access a template to use, review The 41 Best Resume Templates Ever (Links to an external site.) web page.
- Access the Ashford Resume Builder.
- To log into the Resume Builder, access My Career within your Student Portal (Links to an external site.). Once you are in My Career, you will find the Resume Builder under the â€œResourcesâ€ tab located on the left hand side. For further assistance, utilize the Accessing the Resume Builder Withing My Career (Links to an external site.) Note: If this is your first time logging into My Career, you will be prompted to complete your profile.
- Review the resource Crafting a Resume (Links to an external site.) if you need additional help.
- Include your name and contact information.
- Contact information may be fictional for this assignment.
- Include a summary of skills
- Be specific
- See the example in How to Write a Resume Summary Statement With Examples (Links to an external site.).
- Include a summary of knowledge that you have, associated with psychology.
- Develop as you would the skills section. Just make clear it is your psychological knowledge rather than â€œskills summary.â€ Be specific.
- List educational history in Reverse Chronological Order (Links to an external site.).
- List professional work experience in Reverse Chronological Order (Links to an external site.).
- The template should clearly and accurately identify each area within the document.
TURNITIN SCORE MUST BE BELOW or at 20%. AS I WILL CHECK ONCE ASSIGNMENT IS COMPLETED
Adams, A. (2009, December 3). Seeing is believing: The power of visualization (Links to an external site.) [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/flourish/2009… This short blog article provides information about how to incorporate visualization into your strategies as applied to your goals and will assist you in your Packet Preparation: Week 1 assignment this week.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
McMahon, C. (2018, August 9). 4 tips for achieving your goals (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://www.ashford.edu/online-degrees/health-care…
- This short article provides information about how to set goals to achieve them and will assist you in your Packet Preparation: Week 1 assignment this week.
Walton, A. G. (2012). Are you on the right path? Five bad reasons to go to psychology grad schoolâ€”And a few good ones (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://www.apa.org/gradpsych/2012/11/right-path
- The Example of a Graduate School Application is available in the online classroom. This document will assist you with your Packet Preparation: Week 1 assignment this week.
- The Example of an Organizational Application is available in the online classroom. This document will assist you with your Packet Preparation: Week 1 assignment this week.
- The Packet Preparation: Week One Template is available in the online classroom. This document will assist you with your Packet Preparation: Week 1 assignment this week.
Ashford University. (2016, January 13). Applying to graduate school: Tips, advice, & need-to-know info (Links to an external site.) [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://www.ashford.edu/blog/online-learning/apply…
- This short blog post offers advice to students thinking about applying to graduate school. This article may assist you with your Packet Preparation: Week 1 assignment.