Week 2 – Assignment
Prior to completing this assignment, finish reading and viewing your required resources. . In addition, review the weekly Instructor Guidance and any supporting information in the announcements. Testing and assessment are critical components of selection, recruitment, and the training and development processes in any business or organization. Organizations approach assessments in a multitude of ways. Use the W2 Assignment Jeopardy template to complete the activity. Download the template to your computer prior to filling each required component.
To complete this writing assignment:
- Research all of the following evaluative protocols that might be used by an I/O psychologist or manager to assess an employeeâ€™s performance.
- A peer evaluation
- An observational evaluation
- A subordinate evaluation
- A 360Â° appraisal
- Start your search by reviewing what you read in your course text, Chapter 4, and using the key words in the libraryâ€™s search tool as well as google. As you research, make notes about key elements that are attributed to each protocol.
Next – Let’s play!
For each part of the assignment, include the following using the W2 Assignment Jeopardy template:
- Create 3 â€œJeopardy statementsâ€ that would align with each type of evaluation. (You will have 12 hints.)
- Example: This type of evaluation would be used to learn co-workersâ€™ perspectives about Samâ€™s work habits. (Do not use this example exactly.)
- If you are having difficulty, be sure to watch the video explanation (above) and reach out to your instructor.
- Next, analyze the possibility of bias that may occur when using each of the assessments/evaluations.
- Use your resources rather than what you believe to be true about each method.
- Lastly, identify at least two strengths and at least two weaknesses of the assessments based on your research. (Remember to cite your sources. This may be your text or other credible articles or websites.)
The Evaluation Protocols assignment
- Must utilize the provided W2 Assignment Jeopardy template.
- Does not require a title page.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Does not require an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least two peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)â€™s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) Include frequent citations for resources utilized.