Task: Write an essay using evidence to support a thesis that addresses your research question examining a current issue or event in the news from the attached bibliography. The audience is people who are generally educated but do not have extensive knowledge of your field.Length: 1500-2000 words Sources: Minimum of 6. At least 3
of these must be from scholarly journals, and all sources should be
selected based on reliability, currency, and level of
Research Question: How do politicians use social media other than for political campaigns and does the public take the social information from politicians positively or negatively? If it is positively, how does the public benefit?
Outcomes you should achieve by completing this assignment
The outcomes for this assignment are listed below, with the associated course outcomes in parentheses:
- Use research to write an essay that will inform or persuade an audience (Course outcome 1)
- Form unified, coherent, and well-supported paragraphs in support of the thesis statement (Course outcome 2)
- Select sources, use them to inform and support your writing, and document them in APA style (Course outcome 4)
- Demonstrate accurate grammar and mechanics in writing (Course outcome 3)Organizing and supporting your essay
As you write your essay, be sure to include the following:
- an engaging introductory paragraph that includes an effective and clear thesis statement
- any definition of terms or background information that your reader is likely to need to understand your paper
- unified, supported, and coherent body paragraphs that defend the thesis
- an effective conclusionResearch is a key element of this
paper. Take care to support your claims with research throughout the
paper. Include APA in-text citations whenever you use sources, whether
through quote, paraphrase, or summary. An APA reference list at the end
of the paper should list all of the sources cited in the text of the
Point of view
This essay will be written in an academic style. Use third person point of view. Do not use “I” or “you.”
- Formatting your assignment
Incorporate these elements of APA style:
- Use one-inch margins.
- Double space.
- Use an easy-to-read font between 10-point and 12-point.