Review the Strategy Questions for Organizing Your Argument Essay in “Creating an Informal Outline” section of Chapter 5, and then write a 1000-word argument for a claim of value connecting individual identity and family heritage. To help you develop your claim of value think through questions such as these:
- How are people’s identities shaped by their surrounding familial and cultural traditions?
- How uniform and valued/cherished is your family history?
In order to support your claim of value, you’ll need to include a variety of sources and perspectives. Incorporate the following into your paper:
- your first-hand experiences
- evidence gathered from stories in this module
- researched scholarly insight into family and self-identity
- our Core Values of Excellence and/or Integrity
I am from African American descent so along those lines would be perfect.