Week 9 Assignment 5: Email Using Social Media Scenario
Due Week 9 and worth 150 points
Your best friend has asked your help in securing a job where you
work. You want to help your friend, but you know his social media sites
have photos and other material that violate your company’s social media
policy. You also know that the human resources department of your
company always does a thorough search of social media sites of
prospective hires. You need to write an email to your friend that
explains which content needs to be deleted from his social media
accounts and why. You need to discuss how refusal to delete the
inappropriate photos and material might impact his ability to get the
job. Your memo should clearly and specifically state the relevant rules
from your company’s social media policy.
Create a one to two (1-2) paragraph memo in which you:
- Review your friend’s inappropriate social media content here.
- Review your company’s social media policy here.
- Create a one to two (1-2) paragraph email.
- Target the appropriate professional audience.
- Use appropriate language for professional audience.
- Use correct email formatting.
- Follow appropriate etiquette rules for electronic communication.
- Meet the 250-to-500-word minimum requirement.
- Use correct sentence mechanics, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
Your assignment must follow these APA and other formatting requirements:
- Be typed, single-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
1-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page is not included in the required length.
- Include a “To” “From” and “Subject Line” to represent an email format.