Refer to the business information system proposed in week 1 power point presentation. In this presentation, starting with the context diagram, draw additional data flow diagrams (DFDs) that are necessary to represent all of the details of the proposed system.
The format of your PowerPoint presentation should be:
Slide 1: Title of PowerPoint, Course, Instructor, Date Submitted, Student Name
Slides 2-4: Refer to the business information system proposed in week 1 power point presentation. Starting with the context diagram, draw additional data flow diagrams (DFDs) that are necessary to represent all of the details of the proposed system (draw a level-0 and at least one level-1 diagram). These would be logical DFDs, those should be independent of technology that can be used to support the proposed system. Please see Figures 6-5, 6-6 and 6-8 that describe a set of diagrams for a restaurant.
Slides 5-7: Identify some of the entities in the proposed system scenario. For each entity, identify its set of associated attributes. Specify identifiers for each entity. Based on your assumptions regarding the proposed system, prepare an entity-relationship diagram. Be sure to specify the cardinalities for each relationship. See Figures 7-5, 7-6 and 7-8 in the text for an illustration of such diagramming.
Slides 8-9: It is recommended to consider alternatives for the initial choices, for example, is it necessary to use a database to store all data, or can another technology be used. Briefly describe how you would generate alternate design strategies for your proposed system. Additionally, please include some specific examples. Please see pp. 214-219 in the text.
Slide 10: Reference List
Project Analysis PowerPoint
- Must have a minimum of 8 slides inclusive of speaker notes on each slide (not including title and references page slide) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Power Point
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.