Your task is to do the following:
You have been hired as a campaign consultant for ‘Candidate Smith’ to help get ready for the 2020 Presidential election. In order to advise this candidate, you will need to create an analysis of the 2016 Presidential Election and how Trump won. You will be comparing the Trump and Clinton media campaigns, analyzing the demographics/political structure of 2 swing states and writing your final recommendations in the form of a 2-4 page single-spaced memo to the Smith Campaign based upon your research findings.
To craft your memo, refer back to the Greenberg-Page sections How and Why People’s Political Attitudes Differ (Chapter 5) and Who Votes (Chapter 10) as well as the following information from the projects you have completed this week:
- Analysis of campaign videos
- Analysis of the statistics of the 2 swing states you chose
- Summary of the information about Trump and Clinton’s media campaign from your discussion this week
Â· 2016 Presidential Election Circus: Is Social Media the Cause?â€‚(Links to an external site.)
Â· Did Social Media Ruin Election 2016?â€‚(Links to an external site.)
Â· Candidates Differ in Their Use of Social Media To Connect with the Publicâ€‚(Links to an external site.)
Â· Can 140 Characters Affect the 2016 Presidential Election?
- Citations in APA, MLA, or Chicago format
You can use the OWL Parts of a Memo page (Links to an external site.) for more information about structuring the information in your memo. OWL also has a sample memo to give you an idea of what your memo should look like.to help format your memo. Check out the
How to Complete Your Assignment
- Submit your work here in the CANVAS system as a Word 97-2003, .docx or other word processing file. (Google Docs (Links to an external site.), Open Office (Links to an external site.) are also acceptable. If you are using iWorks, please convert to one of these files, as your instructor may not be able to view your document.)